Now that’s autumn’s here, a list of things I had meant to do this summer but didn’t get round to.
* Go kayaking on the River Lea.
• Have a pint of Youngs with my grandad in the canalside beer garden of the Princess of Wales, E5 (which I refer to as “ver Diana”. Which annoys even me).
• Pick a useful quantity of blackberries from Leyton / Walthamstow Marshes. (I did, however, manage to make elderflower cordial from creamy blooms picked thereupon.)
• Dust off my telescope (a Christmas present, consigned to the cupboard for space reasons) and moon-gaze.
• Decorate my flat. Never seemed to have the time. Or the dustsheets. Or the paintbrushes. Etc.
Oh, well. There’s always next summer.